1. I discovered via on online forum that truly ordinary people were making real money on the internet and plenty of them knew how to make $100 a day or more. I already knew and believed this but reading these stories took my belief level and sense of urgency to a whole new level.
2. Someone posted some stats (on WealthyAffiliate.com) that showed he was getting 15-20 visitors per day for the same kinds of products I was promoting. At the time, I was getting 5-6 unique people per day and wondering why I was not making any sales. Once my traffic reached his levels, I too started making regular sales. Please note that traffic requirements vary greatly from product to product but in this case we were selling the same things so it was a good point of comparison.
3. It finally clicked how important keywords are to making money online and that you have to spend some time researching and “testing” the right keywords. You may luck up and get a hit on the first keyword that you try but more often than not it takes several tests and failures before you hit on a money maker.
4. No matter how ethical you are as a marketer, you have to realize that reverse engineering and swiping is part of the game. You will never stop others from doing it to you and at some point you need to learn how to do it too. You don’t need to steal or blatantly copy another marketer’s work. But, professional companies like McDonald’s and Burger King routinely spy on each other and swipe ideas and concepts to get the competitive edge.
5. There is no magic bullet to get traffic. Simple techniques such as writing and distributing articles, blog commenting, and forum posts can lead to hundreds of visitors per day to your site. You simply have to develop a traffic plan and be consistent with your daily efforts.
6. It is a good idea to make friends and build relationships online. You never know when that friendship may blossom into personal help or tips that you can use to take your business to the next level.
7. Sell what is already selling. There are ways to make money in tiny, unknown niche markets but the fastest and easiest money is often made in the biggest and busiest markets. For example, weight loss, skin care, pets, health products, business opportunities, debt reduction, credit cards, dating, etc. Be bold and focus on hungry, billion dollar markets. They have more customers and more money.
Note: Above is an excerpt from my special report. Click link below to learn more…